Bad breath also known as halitosis is always pointed as one of the most uncomfortable and rejected concerns. It causes embarrassment, anxiety and discomfort in the establishment of close contacts. Unfortunately, bad breath is a very common problem that all have faced with at some point in life. The good news is that for this problem, there are simple solutions.
1. Maintain proper and regular oral hygiene!
Food remains between the teeth and the bacteria that develop in the mouth, especially on the back of the tongue cause bad breath as well as tooth decay. Therefore, proper oral hygiene is one of the most important preconditions for fresh breath. You should brush your teeth with toothpaste at least twice a day, and also brush your tongue, upper mouth and inside of the cheeks. Use dental floss at least once a day to remove food and plaque located between the teeth. Change the toothbrush every 3-4 months, and visit the dentist regularly.
2. Drink a lot of water!
Dry mouth is one of the most common causes of bad breath. Don’t drink juice or coffee to keep your mouth moist, drink only water! Water will minimize the growth of bacteria, and in addition it will stimulate the production of saliva which is a natural mouth cleaner. In fact, dry mouth is the cause of the unpleasant morning breath. During sleep, the production of saliva is reduced almost to half, and as a result bad breath appears in the morning.
3. Refresh yourself with gum without sugar!
Chewing gum increases the amount of saliva in the mouth and it refreshes the breath. It also cleans the food from the teeth and tongue.
4. Eat solid food!
Solid vegetables and fruits naturally clean the mouth and reduce the presence of bacteria that create bad breath. Do not skip eating apples, cucumbers, celery and carrots.
5. Use home remedies! The fennel, for example, is used as a breath sweetener. Fennel increases saliva production and contains antibacterial properties. It’s consumption results with fresh breath!
6. Stop smoking and reduce the consumption of coffee and alcohol! If you don’t want your breath to smell like an ashtray, then quit cigarettes. Nobody is comfortable to talk to a smoker who had just extinguished cigarette. Coffee and alcohol dry out the mouth and contribute to the emergence of unpleasant breath. It is best to replace coffee with tea, and reduce the alcohol to minimum.
7. Drink yogurt, and stand away from garlic and onions! Yogurt increases the presence of good bacteria and it improves oral health. On the other hand, onions and garlic are big enemies of pleasant breath. Consume them only when you are able to avoid close contact with people.
8. Eat parsley! You are out for dinner and you need to refresh your mouth? Eat the parsley from your plate. He will immediately improve your breath.
If these tips do not help you beat bad breath, visit a dentist to determine the problem. Sometimes behind bad breath can be hidden disease like diabetes, liver problems, problems with digestion, diseases of the lungs, sinus infection and so on. If nothing else helps, see a doctor to check your health.